- No registration required. You can use your existing IM services with MSN, Yahoo, GoogleTalk or any other services mentioned above to sign in, it's that easy to set up imo.
- imo loads on iPhone so fast, compared to any other IM applications I've used this far!
- imo stores all your chat history which can be accessed both from phone and imo.im web service. This can be very useful for everyone who uses imo iPhone/ iPad/ iPod app or the web service. Searching for chat history is made so easy!
- It shows a display picture of the user, email address and their status message. You can also block or delete user from the phone application.
- And all of the above features comes FREE!
- imo uses push notification only for 72 hours maximum. I don't know why is it so. You will have to re-log in to imo after 72 hours of inactivity. The good thing is that imo sends you a push notification when it disconnects.
- There is minor connectivity issues sometimes. It may take a while before you can get connected to imo servers.
- imo sometimes keep prompting you to add a new users even after you add that person once or twice, it can be annoying at times.
If you are a constant IM user and looking for a light weight, fast loading IM app for your iPhone, iPad or iPod, you should try imo. Its free and much better than many other free IM apps on AppStore. It clearely shows details of your IM contact with their contact picture and email address. This is very useful for people like me who can have many people on the contact list and don't know who is who. I will give 4 out of 5 for imo. You can get your copy of imo here.
Latest from aneesh
- How to Solve "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file." Error
- Create Events in Your Google Calendar Right From Gmail
- Automate Common Tasks in Microsoft Outlook 2010 - Learn to Use Quick Steps and Save Time
- Microsoft Outlook Like Reading Pane in Gmail - Previewing Emails in Preview Pane
- How to Get Rid Of iMesh Seach Engine in FireFox Browser